Azure Logic Apps may come in handy to solve some easy and repeatable tasks like reacting on an new file on onedrive, automatically put your mail attachments to a given onedrive folder, notify you if a post is made to a blog and many more scenarios. The numbers of connectors and triggers increase on a regular bases. For me it looks like a nice way to have some small personal helpers.
My little logic app publishs a short twitter message after I published a new post to my blog.
The setup is really easy:
- Login to your azure portal
- Select “Logic Apps” from your menu and create a new instance
- Use the “blank template” and add “RSS - When a feed item is published” as trigger
- Enter the feed url and set the interval that is used to check the feed
- Add one or more step “Twitter - Post a tweet” and fill in the message. The UI helps you by giving you the available replacements from the feed item.
- Save and run you app. That’s it.